Everyone knows that getting older is a part of life. But that doesn't mean everyone's happy about looking the part. Dead Sea mud is just one of the anti-aging skin care treatments people have come up with to hold back of times. But it's a very popular one.
Throughout history, the search to stay young has sometimes proven fascinating, even more so at times than the actual results. There are accounts, for example, of famous historical figures on quests for the "Fountain of Youth." Who doesn't love a good quest? Alexander The Great and Juan Ponce de Leon also searched for a youthful fountain. And, while the Holy Grail was said to impart eternal life, rather than eternal youth, the quest to put off the inevitable is the same.
Dead Sea mud brings to mind the Holy Land -- and maybe the hope of a magical cure. Could it be your fountain of youth?
About The Dead Sea
The Dead Sea is the lowest spot on Earth. At 1,400 feet below sea level, the Dead Sea has been a depository for essential minerals carried from rivers and streams across Asia for eons. In modern times, the River Jordan is the only water source that feeds the lake.
The Dead Sea is best known for its incredibly high salt content. At 33.7 percent salt, this body of water is more than eight times saltier than the Earth's oceans. People who swim in the Dead Sea bob around like corks, unable to sink in the extreme saline conditions.
What Is Dead Sea mud?
The Dead Sea got its name because it is too salty to sustain fish or plant life. The black mud that lines the shores, however, is rich in magnesium, calcium, sodium, and potassium. People have used it to rejuvenate their skin all the way back to Biblical times. Cleopatra built the first spas in the world along the shores of the Dead Sea and swore by its healing properties.
What science says about Dead Sea mud.
Science loves Dead Sea mud. Studies show that Dead Sea mud minerals have a good safety profile, meaning it isn't harmful in any way unless you have an allergic reaction. It has anti-microbial qualities that help with symptoms of psoriasis and other minor skin afflictions. Absorbing Dead Sea mud minerals through the skin also helps with several rheumatologic diseases.
Where do I get a Dead Sea mud mask?
Dead Sea mud masks are available virtually everywhere you can buy a health or beauty product. You can buy them through online retailers, at local box stores, pharmacies, beauty supply companies and even local supermarkets. The Dead Sea mud mask is not a hard item to find.
Comparing Dead Sea Mud Masks
Numerous Dead Sea mud masks are on the market. Virtually every major skin product company has adapted Dead Sea mud into their line. The mask is by far the most popular use for the mud.
Those with sensitive skin who are prone to rashes should always test products on a small area before using them or consult with a medical professional.
How We Reviewed
Comparing Dead Sea mud masks isn't easy. The best way to compare them is to break them down by content, and customer comments. We've combined that with professional research and reviews to give you the most comprehensive look at Dead Sea mud masks available.
- MINERAL RICH NATURAL TREATMENT – The CalilyLife Premium Organic Dead Sea Mud Mask is naturally mineral rich,...
- ELIMINATES ACNE – Dead Sea Mud is a natural acne treatment known since ancient times. Featuring natural cleansing,...
- REFINES SKIN’S TEXTURE – The CalilyLife Dead Sea Mud mineral-rich formula absorbs excess oil and removes dead skin...
Calily promotes this Dead Sea Mud Mask as being perfect for sensitive skin, acne, anti-aging and muscle relief. The mud includes therapeutic minerals including magnesium, calcium, sulfur, bromide, iodine, sodium, zinc and potassium.
Most importantly, the Boston Women’s Health Book Collective has issued regular updates to the book as medical knowledge advances and as modern society adds new challenges to women’s health in the workplace and environment.
The Calily product has a skin-refining method that only takes 12 minutes. Calily mud masks exfoliate and cure blemishes left from pimples, lift out blackheads and leave your face feeling silky smooth.
Calily's loyal supporters give you the feeling that you've found a product you can trust.
- RESTORATIVE - Contains Dead Sea Mud and Kaolin (clay minerals) to cleanse, purify and smooth skin. Added glycerin locks...
- NOURISHING - Dead Sea mud nurtures your skin with its naturally-occurring minerals such as sodium, magnesium, potassium,...
- FRESH LOOK & FEEL - Pulls toxins from pores, leaving your skin feeling and looking refreshed and invigorated
Better Beauty Products sells their version of the Dead Sea mud mask in an identically sized jar. Listed as a restorative product, it includes Dead Sea mud as well as several other additives.
The mud used in Better Beauty's mixture has the minerals you expect from Dead Sea mud. They include sodium, magnesium, potassium, calcium, and chloride.
Better Beauty adds glycerin to hydrate the skin and Kaolin, a mixture of clay minerals, to add to the high mineral content needed for a Dead Sea mud mask to be effective.
- WORLD FAMOUS MUD MASK. Featured by Marie Claire, Elle, Entertainment Tonight, CNN.
- FIGHTS ACNE, BLACKHEADS, AND OILY SKIN. This mineral-rich mask detoxes and removes buildup.
- MADE WITH DEAD SEA MUD. Used for centuries. Proven antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Pure Body Naturals offers a Dead Sea mud mask that is 99 percent natural. This mud is made in the USA with mud directly from the West Bank.
The minerals in this mask, which include sodium, magnesium, potassium, calcium, and chloride, are joined with all-natural ingredients. They boast intense cleaning and hydration in a mask specially designed to lift blackheads and eliminate oily skin.
Customers agree, saying the mask worked as described for them, leaving their faces feeling smooth. The product also scored points for its lack of an overpowering smell and for the overall quality and thickness of the mud itself. According to one reviewer, weekly use has stopped her breakouts altogether.
- 100% Natural, Includes Organic ingredients: Coconut, Almond oil, Sunflower oil, Jojoba oil.
- Dead Sea Mud stimulates the circulation of the blood which helps to even your body skin tone.
- This mask goes deep into the pores and helps unclog them - minimizing the appearance of blemishes.
Rise 'N Shine carries a product that others in the mud mask business only dream of. What you're actually buying is a larger jar than most, for less money. Their 9.2-ounce jar is nearly a half-ounce larger than the industry standard 8.8-ounce container.
It's their devotion to adding oils your skin needs to natures most complete anti-aging system that makes this product special. Combining potassium, chloride, magnesium, and calcium to sunflower, coconut, almond and jojoba oils leaves your face feeling fresh and rejuvenated in an hour.
Customers have plenty to say about this mask. Customers rave about smaller pores and all-day moisturizing. It works for dermatitis and even has a pleasant smell. You will do well with this product, especially those looking for an exfoliator that also moisturizes.
- GOODBYE BREAKOUTS! Dead Sea Mud is world famous for its many unique healing properties. Our customized Mineral Rich...
- LUXURY SPA QUALITY! Our exclusive natural blend of premium ingredients features Dead Sea Mud which absorbs excess oil...
- FULL BODY SOLUTION! Our therapeutic grade cleansing mask isn't just for the face, it's good for the full body! Apply all...
Live Fraiche gives an impressive list of skincare concerns their mask will address. Blackheads, pimples, acne scars, dark spots, clogged pores, fine lines, and wrinkles can all be treated with this mask. The Dead Sea mud tackles the clearing of the blackheads and closing of the pours as it draws out dirt and oils.
Their mud is infused with ingredients to solve a multitude of problems. Vitamin E adds anti-aging properties. Jojoba oil is nature's acne destroyer. Hyaluronic acid and shea butter moisturize and plumpen skin cells. An anise flower extract acts as an antiseptic while aloe era and glycerine soothe your skin.
To add to their already full package, Live Fraishe brags that their Dead Sea mud mask isn't just for faces. It is a full-body solution. Uses include body acne, dry skin treatment, relief from minor aches and pains and stimulating blood flow. It is suitable for all skin types
- THE BEST DEAD SEA MUD MASK, STRAIGHT FROM THE SOURCE. Get Softer, Healthier, More Youthful Skin or Your Money Back! Spa...
- A Difference You Can See And Feel. Our organic facial mask will tingle as ultra pure Dead Sea mud increases blood flow,...
- Moisturize, Detoxify, Rejuvenate & Exfoliate. Soak your skin with a unique blend of vitamins and minerals only found in...
There are products on the market that cost more for a good reason. Era Organics' Dead Sea Mud Therapy is one of those products.
The difference, however, is in the credibility of what you're buying. Era Organics has a long list of customers who rate it the mud mask to buy.
What makes their mud so appealing is its versatility. Like Live Fraiche, Era Organics developed their mud to be used for a variety of skin afflictions, not just on the face. Their mud is infused with aloe vera, manuka honey, shea butter, green tea extract, kaolin clay, and coconut oil. The mixture has customers reporting healthier, more vibrant skin in just one use.
- Remove All Blackheads - Clogged pores create blackheads on your nose, cheeks, chin and T zone, don't worry - our black...
- Professional Deep Cleansing - This upgraded peel off mask formula has unique strong absorption and deep cleaning...
- Make Skin More Healthy - The Activated Charcoal Blackhead Mask will not only unclog your pores, but it will also benefit...
The blend is simple: Dead Sea mud, water, shea butter, sunflower oil, aloe, glycerin, jojoba oil, willow bark extract, calendula oil, Phenoxyethanol, and xanthan gum. The Dead Sea mud guarantees that you're getting your precious chloride, Magnesium, potassium, and calcium.
Natural Spa is definitely a generic. The company name on the listing links to a search for "natural spa." There is no health and beauty supply company with that name. That, however, hasn't stopped customers from buying it like like crazy and falling even crazier in love.
- THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH IN A BOTTLE: The natural, unadulterated composition of materials found near the Dead Sea offers...
- TREATS PROBLEM SKIN: Premium Nature's Dead Sea blackhead remover mask includes all of the best ingredients in one...
- MELTS AWAY STRETCH MARKS AND CELLULITE: Our Dead Sea Face Mask has the amazing ability to draw out all impurities and...
There are premium mud masks. And there are generic mud masks. There are all those in between. Then, like a beacon of light in an ever-darkening, Dead Sea mud colored sky, there is Premium Nature. The listing shows the ingredients like minerals, magnesium, and mud. The description lists sunflower and jojoba oil.
The overall results, however, are as appealing to customers to products three times more expensive.
Product Name & Details
The Customers Have Spoken
Dead Sea mud masks are not hard to come by. Dead Sea mud is an import and sounds like a mineral-rich resource, protected and harvested with care. The reality is, It's mud. It has the minerals it has because of the geology of the area. People who live there cover themselves in it and bathe in the salty waters.
Turning mud into a viable and marketable skincare product has been happening for so long that it's unlikely we'll see changes anytime soon. For that reason, if we had to make a selection, the Premium Nature mask can't be beaten.
There are reasons to spend more. People looking for something for their back acne, for example, want something geared for that purpose. That means going heavy on the jojoba oil and antimicrobials matters far more than aloe and shea butter. For the average user, however, the Premium Nature Dead Sea Mud Mask is the right product at the right price.