Whether you're looking to soothe sore muscles, decrease inflammation in your body, or promote overall healing, Epsom salts should be a part of your routine.
1. What Is Epsom Salt?
This is an inorganic type of salt also called magnesium sulfate. It's often used in a bath to soothe the body.
2. What Does It Do?
In water, this salt breaks down to magnesium and sulfate, which theoretically can easily enter the body and help soothe muscles. Additionally, high concentrations of salt in water helps your body release water and inflammation that it's been holding on to.
Magnesium is known to ease stress, improve your sleep, and help boost concentration. It also helps muscles and nerves function properly and helps regulate the activity of over 300 enzymes. Sulfates flush toxins out of your system, improve the absorption of nutrients, and help form joint proteins.
3. Where Can You Buy It?
You can buy magnesium sulfate at any pharmacy, but for a wider selection and better prices, try ordering it from Amazon.
How We Reviewed
Deciding which salt to use depends on several factors, in addition to personal taste. We've gathered some of our favorite products available to help you determine which is the right choice for you.
What We Reviewed
- MUSCLE SOAK BATH SALT : 100% Natural Bath Soak with Pure Epsom Salt infused with Eucalyptus & Peppermint Essential Oils,...
- SOOTHE AND REVIVE: A rejuvenating and therapeutic bath salt to soothe and revive tired, aching muscles and bring your...
- PREMIUM QUALITY EPSOM SALT: Made with USP grade Epsoak brand Epsom Salt (Packaged in the USA)
This bath soak is 100% natural and uses premium grade magnesium sulfate infused with eucalyptus and peppermint essential oils to help you rejuvenate and soothe your aching muscles and smooth your skin. This bath soak comes in multiple sizes to better suit your needs.
This 1-lb bag of lavender scented salts will help you relax and soothe your muscles and skin.
- DESIGN FOR MOMS top grade proprietary 19-in-1 extra gentle relief formula with exceptional healing benefits: The finest...
- GENTLY CLEANSES & RELIEVES hemorrhoids, anal fissures, piles & perineal tears. Magnesium oil lubricates the perineum in...
- BEST HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES ALTERNATIVE PAIN RELIEF FOR GENITAL PAIN, INFLAMMATION & SWELLING: quickly reduces...
This organic bath soak is made specifically for postpartum care and to soothe hemorrhoids. It's made using the proprietary 19-in-1 extra gentle relief formula that combines pure top grade Epsom salts and dead sea salts with organic yarrow, organic comfrey, organic calendula, and magnesium oil.
It naturally works to cleanse and relieve pain and discomfort gently after post-natal surgery as well as alleviate cramps, itching, and burning due to hemorrhoids, anal fissures, piles, and perineal tears. The magnesium oil lubricates the perineum to repair tissue that has been torn or damaged to reduce the chance of infection.
This bath soak reduces inflammation and promotes overall healing in your body after the physical trauma of childbirth.
- RELIEVE PSORIASIS, ECZEMA & ACNE: A safe, natural alternative to treating skin conditions. According to published...
- CLEANSE, SOFTEN AND DETOXIFY SKIN: Dead Sea Salt’s unique mineral composition gives this salt its therapeutic...
- HIGH MINERAL CONTENT FOR BATHING ONLY: Dead Sea Salt is for BATH/SPA use only and is NOT a food-grade salt suitable for...
This dead sea salt mineral bath is technically not an Epsom salt, but it carries the same benefits. Dead sea salt is comprised of magnesium, potassium, calcium, bromine, and sulfur. This salt bath is made to specifically target and relieve psoriasis, eczema, and acne because studies show that about 85% of psoriasis patients who visit the Dead Sea for treatment see a huge improvement.
- Contains: 1 x 5 lb. bag of Epsom Salt by Sky Organics, Medium grain Magnesium Sulfate.
- Soothe Muscles and Skin: Use Sky Organics Epsom Salt as a comforting bath soak to comfort muscles after workouts, remove...
- Easy to Use: Sky Organics Epsom Salt dissolves quickly in warm water so relaxation never has to wait!
This kosher, USP-grade salt bath is made with 100% pure, GMO-free, Sky Organics magnesium sulfate. This bath salt is made of very small grains, so it dissolves quickly into your bath, for maximum absorption. It's odorless, meaning it's a better choice of bath salt for skin that is easily irritated by added chemicals or scents.
Sky Organics also mentions that this salt can promote plant growth if included in the soil, helping everything from your lawn to indoor plants thrive.
- All Natural Ingredients: Made With Only The Purest Salts & Essential Oils and Packaged In A Safe BPA-Free Pouch With An...
- Soothes Hemorrhoids & Postpartum: Enjoy An All Natural Sitz Bath Salt Made With USP Grade Epsom Salt & Pure Essential...
- Made With Pure Essential Oils: Includes Geranium, Frankincense, Niaouli, Juniper, & Lavender Essential Oils Plus Vitamin...
This bath soak is made with pure magnesium sulfate and helps to relieve the pain and swelling of hemorrhoids. It's infused with pure juniper essential oil to reduce your body's pain and tension while increasing blood flow. It is also infused with pure niaouli essential oil to help cleanse and support blood vessel function. Also included are frankincense essential oil and geranium essential oil.
Vitamin C crystals are also found in this bath soak, which help to naturally eliminate chlorine and ammonia in the tap water used to fill your bathtub. This happens immediately as the salt comes into contact with the water. Vitamin E in the bath soak helps to make your skin smooth and soft.
- 100% PURE NATURAL SHEA BUTTER - Premium deep moisturizer that wonderfully softens and smooths dry cracked skin.
- COCONUT EXTRACT AND LIME EXTRACT - Quality moisturizers that softens and smooths skin with the ideal fragrance for the...
- PARABEN FREE - Absolutely no parabens or formaldehyde donors! Free of harmful chemicals for healthy skincare.
This natural bath soak will leave your skin healthy and refreshed with Tree Hut's shea moisturizing formula. Coconut and lime extracts are rich in vitamins and antioxidants to nourish your body and skin and give the bath soak a calming coconut lime scent.
- Made with Pure Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate USP) and natural essential oils, Dr Teal’s Epsom Salt Soaks provide an...
- Ease Aches and Soreness: A Dr Teal’s Epsom Salt soak is an easy, achievable way to soothe sore muscles after workouts,...
- Resealable Bag: Our bags feature a VELCRO Brand enclosure to make resealing your epsom salts easier, quicker and...
This USP grade magnesium sulfate soak is one of the most trusted bath soaks on the market. This soothing pure salt soak comes in two scents: lavender and eucalyptus and spearmint. The salt that uses lavender essential oil is recommended for soothing and sleep while the salt with eucalyptus essential oil and spearmint essential oil is recommended for relaxation and relief.
- SOOTHE TIRED, ACHING FEET: Tea Tree Foot Soak is a professional quality therapeutic foot soak featuring Epsoak Epsom...
- MADE IN THE USA: Made with Epsoak Epsom Salt & Minera Dead Sea Salt - Trusted brands of SFSC. Proudly made in the USA....
- WITH ADDED MSM: A beneficial sulfur that aides in relieving joint pain, inflammation & muscle cramps.
This professional quality salt soak is made specifically for tired, aching feet. It's made of a combination of Epsoak brand magnesium sulfate, Minera brand Dead Sea salt, Australian tea tree oil, and 6 other natural essential oils. This soak helps clean your feet of bacteria and fungus while washing away any aches and pains.
This salt uses Tea Tree, Peppermint, Cajuput, Camphor, Rosemary, Eucalyptus & Lavender Essential Oils to promote overall health in your body while the salt mix works to ease joint pain and reduce inflammation.
- HIGHEST QUALITY PURE UNSCENTED EPSOM SALT (Made in USA): Epsoak Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate) is USP grade. It is GMO...
- DISSOLVES QUICKLY/GREAT VALUE: After soaking in Epsoak Epsom Salt it becomes clear why Epsoak is the leading name in...
- RELAX MUSCLES & IMPROVE SKIN: Known for its amazing therapeutic qualities, an epsom salt bath can help to relieve muscle...
This giant bag of USP grade magnesium sulfate is a lot of bang for your buck. It's unscented and GMO-free, meaning it won't cause irritation for people who have sensitive skin or chemical sensitivity. The small grain size allows it to dissolve rapidly to allow maximum benefits.
This salt helps flush out toxins while relieving aches and pains. Salt baths are most effective when they are used as a part of your regular routine. Buying salt in bulk is far more affordable and means that pure salt will be ready whenever you want to soak.
Product Name & Details
Size: 3 Sizes: 2 lb. Luxury Gift Bag
Weight: 2 pounds
Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 3.9 x 2.5 inchesedition (March 1, 2016)
Weight: 15 ounces
Product Dimensions: -
Weight: 15.2 ounces
Product Dimensions: 3.5 x 3.5 x 3.5 inches
Size: 5lbs Bulk
Product Dimensions: -
Size: 5 lbs.
Weight: 5 pounds
Product Dimensions: -
Size: 3 lb Bag
Weight: 3 pounds
Product Dimensions: 8 x 3.2 x 9.8 inches
Size: 2 POUND (32oz)
Product Dimensions: 3.9 x 2 x 2 inches
Size: 19 lbs
Weight: 19 pounds
Product Dimensions: 13 x 7 x 4.8 inches
When choosing a bath soak to implement into your routine, there are quite a few options. Usually, you'll only find one or two options in your local pharmacy or convenience store, and shopping for bath salts on Amazon can be easier and lead to better results.
There are several salts we reviewed that are advertised for specific purposes. The Best Organic Sitz Bath Soak is advertised to be specifically helpful for postpartum hemorrhoids and post-natal surgical care. The Sitz Bath Soak 32. oz is also advertised to be specifically helpful for hemorrhoids. Also, the Tea Tree Oil Foot Soak with Epsoak Epsom Salt is advertised specifically for foot soaks.
While it's great to manufacture salts for specific purposes, at the end of the day, they all have the same basic ingredient: Epsom salt. Salts advertised for specific purposes are really the same thing. Magnesium sulfate on its own promotes healing and reduces inflammation for your feet, postpartum hemorrhoids, and post-natal surgical care.
While all the salts we reviewed are great options, we suggest the last one we looked at, the Epsoak Epsom Salt 19lbs Magnesium Sulfate USP. Buying salt in bulk is much cheaper and allows you to always have salt at hand when you're feeling particularly achy or in need of a soak.
Epsom salts are most effective when they're a regular part of your routine; buying salt in bulk allows you to integrate it into your daily life. If you find that you want your bath salts to have a scent, try buying your favorite essential oils separately, and adding some to your baths, so you have the salt and warm, relaxing scents you crave.
Healing through salt is one of the oldest practices in the world. Visit our website today for more product reviews, tips, and FAQs.
Last update on 2021-01-21 at 02:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API