Do you use lotions to soothe and replenish your skin? Did you know your lotion can have one key ingredient that soothes you and provides you relief more than others? This key ingredient is Epsom salt, and it has been a reliable healing remedy proving the test of time. Get yourself familiar with Epsom salt lotion and some products on the market that are creating a buzz.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Epsom Salt Lotion?
Epsom salt is an inorganic salt that can be used both externally and internally. It's also known as magnesium sulfate which is a common mineral pharmaceutical preparation of magnesium. It's a completely different compound than table salt and gets its name from Epsom in Surrey, England. A popular use of Epsom salt is by taking a warm bath with it, but Epsom salt lotions are gaining popularity, too.
Lotions are used externally to transfer the benefits of the Epsom salt, and they must be made with ingredients that allow this process. Since many lotions use emulsions or suspensions to include oil and water-soluble ingredients, you want to make sure this doesn't inhibit the Epsom salt from being absorbed by the skin. A lotion's carrier oil, temperature and concentration gradients will all be contributing factors to its absorption by the skin. You'll want to take these factors into consideration when you choose your Epsom salt lotion.
What Does Epsom Salt Lotion Do?
Minerals like Epsom salt have healing properties, and fortunately, we can get such benefits from innovative self-care products. Since magnesium is the fourth most abundant mineral found in the body and many people don't consume enough magnesium, this is a trusted way to get the mineral. Magnesium helps your brain produce neurotransmitters that reduce stress and promote sleep, so it's essential for you to get adequate amounts. For exercise recovery and performance, Epsom salt can reduce your muscle soreness and relieve cramping.
Using Epsom salt helps reduce the effects of having a magnesium deficiency such as headaches, muscle spasms, leg cramps, and decreased energy levels. These are debilitating conditions to have if you don't use healthy, helpful products to address them. Using Epsom salt lotion is a simple and easy action to take to give you some needed relief.
What do you need to do to upgrade your self-care routine? As you learn about the benefits of Epsom salt lotion, you want to determine how you can incorporate it into your daily schedule. Can you see yourself using Epsom salt lotion regularly?
How Does Epsom Salt Lotion Work?
To get a better understanding of how Epsom salt lotion works, you can learn about the benefits of the main ingredients that go into making these products. You can make an informed decision when you factor the ingredients chosen for the products. These benefits start with how Epsom salt will replenish the magnesium levels in your body.
A major benefit of Epsom salt is that it relaxes your nervous system and it soothes your skin. If you are too stressed, then your body becomes drained of magnesium and your adrenaline levels increase. If you workout intensely or have muscle aches and cramps, Epsom salt lotion will relieve that tension or pain. When applied regularly, it will help with inflammation, bronchial asthma, migraine headaches and cuts that need healing.
You can choose the type of Epsom salt lotion according to your health conditions and concerns. In addition to the Epsom salt, common ingredients for healing lotions will include a variety of essential oils and herbs. Some will target your specific health concerns and most will soothe and enhance your general state of well-being. Some common ailments that respond well to therapeutic Epsom salt lotion are muscle fatigue, constipation (if USP-grade) insomnia, fibromyalgia, and reducing your cold and flu symptoms.
Is Epsom Salt Lotion Safe?
Studies have shown that Epsom salt lotions are generally safe. In instances when there are minor negative effects with Epsom salt it's when it is used incorrectly. That would be a concern mainly if you were to take it by mouth. Therefore, it is safest when Epsom salt is used topically.
These lotions may contain essential oils, which are safe to use on our bodies. Due to their high concentration, they must be diluted to a safe amount within the make-up of the lotion. You'll want to look at all the ingredients of your Epsom salt lotion and determine if there are additional ingredients like preservatives or parabens you'll want to avoid.
Where Can You Buy Them?
There are many stores and online sites to buy Epsom salt products. We've provided links to Amazon for you to further review and purchase the best Epsom salt lotion.
As the popularity of Epsom salt lotion has grown, there are more quality products sold online. We've taken into account the ingredients and healing benefits of these Epsom salt lotions and highlighted the best ones for you. We've researched these reputable brands and determined the pros and cons that come along with using the product.
What We Reviewed?
Morton Epsom Lotion is concentrated Epsom salt in lotion form in an 8oz bottle. This lotion is used to massage away minor aches and sprains. Morton Epsom Lotion is an odorless, non-irritating and non-greasy lotion for you to use.
- > UNIQUE, FAST-ACTING MUSCLE RECOVERY LOTION PROVIDES INSTANT DEEP PAIN RELIEF: Epsom-It Muscle Recovery Lotion...
- > CONCENTRATED EPSOM SALT LOTION: Epsom-It Muscle Recovery lotion has a 20% concentrated Epsom Salt (magnesium sulfate)...
- > NATURAL, GREASELESS + FRAGRANCE-FREE: Epsom-It’s Muscle Recovery Lotion is a natural, paraben-free cream that is...
Epsom-it Muscle Recovery Lotion is an original concentrated Epsom salt rub that's used to soothe muscle aches and pains. This lotion is non-greasy, non-irritating, paraben-free and fragrance-free. The Epsom-it Muscle Recovery Lotion is recommended for professional and collegiate athletes.
- DAILY MOISTURIZER: Get your magnesium with pure magnesium chloride in a base of certified organic oils. BEST FOR...
- JOINT & MUSCLE HEALTH: Contains OptiMSM, which aids in magnesium absorption and supports healthy joints, muscles,...
- MAGNESIUM BENEFITS: Leads to better sleep, improved skin, relieve sore muscles and nerve health. EFFECTS OF MAGNESIUM...
Ancient Minerals Magnesium Lotion Ultra supports healthy joints, muscles, tendons, hair, skin, and nails. This lotion is good for sensitive skin and fragrance free. It quickly absorbs to help inflammation relief and cellular detoxification since it contains OptiMSM, which aids in magnesium absorption.
Ancient Minerals Magnesium Lotion helps reduce the effects of magnesium deficiency such as headaches, muscle spasms, leg cramps, and decreased energy levels.
- Relief Pure Epsom Salt Body Cream Calming Relaxing Lavender Scent (2 Pack) For Muscle Soreness, and Relaxation (6 Oz...
- This set of epsom body creams includes 2 packs of Relief Pure epsom body cream with a lavender scent. each pack is 6 oz.
- This Relief Pure epsom salt body cream is great for relaxation, muscle soreness, and joint pain.
Relief Pure Epsom Salt Body Cream soothes and relaxes the body due to the Epsom salt and lavender. Lavender is an essential oil that relieves skin by helping reduce redness, blotchy patches, and acne scarring. This lotion is distributed by Blue Cross Laboratories.
- Introducing Epsom Salt Rub, concentrated spot treatment gel with Aloe Vera & essential oils to soothe muscle tension,...
- Relieves muscle aches & pains fast by combining Epsom Salt & skin loving organic aloe. We take out all unnecessary...
- We are a family owned business and believe in truly effective and clean, natural products. PROCURE creates products to...
PROCURE Epsom Salt Rub Gel with Aloe Vera soothes muscle aches and tension. This lotion is a concentrated spot treatment gel with Aloe Vera & essential oils. PROCURE offers you this 3-pack of 6-ounce containers. This lotion doesn't contain any unnecessary ingredients like table salt, petrolatum or alcohol.
- Shea butter and Vitamin E help nourish and hydrate skin.
- Pure Epsom salt helps soothe and relieve tired, achy muscles.
- The restful properties of Lavender Essential Oils relax the mind and help promote a better night's sleep.
Dr. Teal's Pure Epsom Salt Body Lotion contains Shea Butter and Vitamin E help nourish and hydrate skin. It also contains Lavender essential oil to relax the mind and help promote a better night's sleep. This lotion is pure Epsom salt helps soothe and relieve tired, achy muscle made in the USA.
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC Shea butter & extremely beneficial luxury oils including Argan Seed, Prickly Pear Seed, Hemp Seed, and...
- Our new preserving medium is ultra pure & approved by EcoCert, NPA & NaTrue standards! NO added dyes, scents or colors....
- The Magnesium in Mo' Maggie is sourced from the ancient, pristine & pure underground Zechstein seabed in the...
The Magnesium in Mo' Maggie lotion is sourced from the ancient, pristine & pure underground Zechstein seabed in the Netherlands. Mo' Maggie's organic Shea Butter and essential oils are non-comedogenic. This lotion contains beneficial oils including Argan Seed, Prickly Pear Seed, and Hemp Seed,
- Concentrated Magnesium: From the Netherland’s pristine Zechstein Seabed to your favorite lotion
- Soothing Relief: Massage into muscles & joints after a long day or a workout to relax & refresh
- Silky Hydration: Fast-absorbing with moisture-rich shea butter & coconut oil for soft, smooth skin
Life-Flo Magnesium Lotion has magnesium sourced from the pure underground Zechstein seabed in the Netherlands. This lotion massages into your muscles and joints to help relax and refresh. This lotion contains non-pore-clogging shea butter & coconut oil allow for optimal mineral absorption.
- REMAG MAGNESIUM LOTION: ReMag lotion combines a concentrated magnesium chloride solution of 60,000 ppm; soothing and...
- HYDRATING LOTION WITH MAGNESIUM; The skin hydration benefits occur because magnesium is hydrophilic; it loves water;...
- HYDRATE SKIN WITH MAGNESIUM LOTION: Magnesium supplementation is an excellent way to support hydration in the skin;...
ReMag Lotion and Daily ReHydrator by Dr. Carolyn Dean featuring ReMag the Magnesium Miracle, an exclusive picometer magnesium solution. This lotion is rich in moisturizers including Shea butter, Sunflower oil, and Jojoba oil.
Kirkman Magnesium Sulfate Cream is topical cosmetic preparation that supplies sulfate in an absorbable base. This is a mild cream rich in sulfur compounds and Epsom salts to promote relaxation. Adding sulfates to the bloodstream allows for phenolic compounds to not build up in the body.
The message seems clear about how Epson salt lotion is an important part of your health and wellness routine. If you're ready to dive in and feel the soothing benefits for yourself, give Life-Flo Magnesium Lotion a try. If you're on a budget but would love to try a lavender-scented lotion, try Relief Pure Epsom Salt Body Cream. If you're ready for an upgrade to your healing regimen, we suggest Dr Teal's Pure Epsom Salt Body Lotion.
Last update on 2021-07-28 at 12:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API